Terms & Conditions – Medvacc 2022
Medvacc Ltd (Medvacc) is part of the well-established Care on Call Group (comprising the brands/units Medcall, Care on Call, Florence Nightingale).
Medvacc is engaged in the provision of immunisations (both funded and unfunded) and operates a mobile service and holds clinics through a National network of offices throughout both the North and South Island (11 locations in total from Whangarei to Invercargill and including the major metropolitan areas).
Medvacc provides the following services:
- Advice on workplace disease risk and vaccination recommendations for employees.
- Annual Influenza Vaccinations
- Unfunded Vaccinations for at risk groups or occupations, including Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Meningitis ACYW, Meningitis B, Varicella, MMR
- Funded vaccinations for certain groups.
How Our Services Work
You contact us on 0800 633 822 identifying the service you require and any questions you may have. We will then work with you to organise delivery of the service. We liaise to co-ordinate a suitable date and time in our Nurses’ schedules for the required service to take place, emailing you confirmation on completion of our conversation.
For Vaccination Service bookings, our email confirmation will contain a copy of the relevant vaccination information sheet and consent form that each employee to receive a vaccination is to complete and return to us at least one week prior to the scheduled service time.
To help you promote our visit to your staff, we will email you a poster advertising the date and time that the vaccinations have been scheduled.
A few days prior to our scheduled visit, we send you an email reminder with the name of the Nurse(s) who will be providing your vaccinations.
One Nurse vaccinates approximately 20 staff per hour. Staff are required to wait nearby for up to 20 minutes after receiving their vaccination, to ensure the nurse can assist them should they experience any ill effects from the vaccination. The nurse will remain on site for 20 minutes after the final vaccination.
It is a legal requirement that a Certified First Aider is present at the time of a nurse vaccinator visit. Ideally, should you have a first aid qualified person to assist our nurse, you would provide this person. If not, we will supply the Certified First Aider but there will be additional cost. We will not be able to vaccinate unless there is a Certified First Aider and we cannot vaccinate them at the same time.
Fees for services vary; contact us on email@example.com for details.
Other Workplace Vaccinations:
Nurse visit fee + per vaccination cost. Vaccine prices available on request. Please email with staff numbers and vaccine requested for a quote.
The Medvacc invoice is payable on the 20th of the month following.
Five working days’ notice of cancellation is required, otherwise the full fee will be charged for the appointment for the day concerned.
- To ensure a First Aider is present if it is agreed that the client will supply one
- To provide an appropriate site enabling privacy for vaccinations and access for emergency services
- To provide an appropriate location for people to wait for 20 minutes before returning to work under supervision of a first aider
- To ensure the timely dissemination to and collection from staff and the subsequent return of
- completed consent forms to Medvacc
- To encourage staff to be open and honest in their health declarations to the nurse (even if that only occurs at the time of a vaccination). We will rely on the information provided and will not verify that information
- To report to the nurse any adverse events which happen to staff outside of their 20 minute wait
- In the unlikely event of a needle stick injury, to ensure the source individual goes to their GP for a
- blood test and reports the same to you the employer which you then report to the nurse.
- To respect privacy
- Follow the Medvacc Vaccination Service Policy which includes adhering to all legal requirements and
- safe practice of New Zealand’s Vaccine Health. The Policy is available on request
- To transfer staff vaccination information to our Patient Management System for record keeping
- To conduct the service in a professional manner
- To stay within the scope of the services which a registered nurse can provide.
Force Majeure (events outside of your or our control)
Neither Medvacc nor you will be obliged to fulfil any contractual obligation if either of the parties is prevented from so doing due to a circumstance(s) outside the parties respective control (a Force Majeure event). If Medvacc has already fulfilled its obligations under any Agreement in part when the Force Majeure occurs,
Medvacc will be entitled to charge you for that fulfilled part. Once a Force Majeure is operating if you have paid for a service yet to be delivered to you, Medvacc shall return to you the amount paid.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The Terms and Conditions of Purchase and the Contract shall be construed in accordance with New Zealand law. Any dispute arising from, or related to the Terms and Conditions of Purchase or the Contract shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.